About 2 years ago I decided to start actually DOING all the things I was pinning on Pinterest.
One of the first things I wanted to do was find a way to display my kids’ art. In our house, the fridge is tucked in the back corner of the kitchen which means no one really sees what’s hanging on it unless they’re in the kitchen. I had to find some other way to hang all the art I was attempting with my (then) 1-year-old.
One of the simplest ways was to hang a string across the large archway between the kitchen/dining room and the living room. Then I added clothespins and voila we had an exhibition.
Over these two years, however, I’ve started to realize just how useful the hanging string and clothespins are. I use them all the time.
- For every holiday, I pull out last year’s art and display it, then we add to it with new projects.
- At Christmastime, it was a perfect place to hang Christmas cards.
- For birthdays, it’s a great place to hang more decorations easily.
- It’s been so useful, I added another one above our kitchen table window to display pictures of family and friends we’re praying for.
- In the basement I added one that circles the whole room to hang even more art–some of it mine!
So simple, yet so useful. How could you use something like this in your home?